EFFECTIVE DATE June 11, 2019 – LAST REVIEWED AND UPDATED June 11, 2019
Information We Collect from You
Information You Disclose Voluntarily
Apixio collects information you submit through the Website when signing up to receive information about our product and services. We may collect the following information and may also use third party web analytics software to process and store this information.
- Contact information
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- Personal Information contained within a resume submitted through our career portal (including names, contact details, employment and education history), and, when applicable, Equal Employment Opportunity information that may be regarded as sensitive information (e.g., gender, ethnicity, disability status, veteran status)
Information We Collect Automatically
Like many Website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor, and analyze this traffic to provide aggregate Website traffic data.
Information We Obtain from Third-Party Sources
Recruitment: In some instances, Apixio engages with third party sources to obtain additional information about you. For example, Apixio collects contact information from professional network intelligence companies or industry event organizers. Information collected by professional network intelligence companies is provided by you or is publicly available and used by Apixio’s talent acquisition team to determine your interest in and fit for employment with Apixio.
Marketing: In some instances, Apixio may work with third parties to obtain additional information about you. For example, Apixio may receive business contact information from industry event organizers or business intelligence providers. This data is voluntarily provided by you or publicly available and used by the Apixio marketing and sales team to determine your company’s interest in Apixio’s products and services. You may opt out of marketing communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any email correspondence from Apixio.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to tailor content ad campaigns to your interests and contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, SMS, or mail. We may use the information to customize the Website according to your interests
- We may share your information with third-party service providers as described in the next section below.
- If you applied for an Apixio career opportunity, we may communicate with you for the purpose of providing you with information about Apixio career opportunities
- If you applied for an Apixio career opportunity, we may use data submitted for career opportunities to process applications for employment, assist with the interview experience and supplement the employment onboarding process
- Comply with the law or respond to legal process or lawful requests, including from law enforcement and government agencies
- To protect the rights or property of Apixio or our customers, including to combat fraud or protect Apixio’s interests, or to enforce the terms governing your use of the services
- To act on a good faith belief that access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Apixio employees, customers or the public
Sharing Your Information with Third-Party Service Providers
- Apixio may share the data we collect with third parties to facilitate our communication with you, provide analytics of this data, and support our business operations. Service providers that are provided access to this data contractually agree to (a) appropriate security and privacy safeguards when accessing or storing the data we collect and (b) to use the data only for the specific purpose of performing the services
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using the Website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which internal pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website experience by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection or privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. By using the Website, you agree that we will not be liable or responsible for any damage or loss caused by your use of, or reliance on, any such third-party website.
Safety of Minors
Our services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. Minors are individuals under the age of 16 (or under a higher age if permitted by the laws of their residence). Apixio does not knowingly collect personal data from Minors. If it comes to our attention that we have collected Personal Information from a Minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact Apixio at the email address listed below.
Do Not Track (DNT) Signals
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) Signals. Apixio does not track its customers over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to DNT signals.
Apixio offers opt-out mechanisms for marketing communications. If you choose to opt out of marketing communications, you will be added to Apixio’s opt-out list as required by applicable law. Apixio will not send marketing communications to any e-mail address on the applicable opt-out list. If you wish to withdraw your consent from receiving marketing communication, you may opt out from receiving marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our communication with you.
Accessing Your Personal Information and Contacting Apixio
For general Apixio privacy issues, or to submit feedback or ask Apixio questions about its privacy practices and this privacy statement, please contact Apixio by email at email@example.com or by postal mail at the address below:
1850 Gateway Dr. Suite #300
San Mateo, CA 94404