Website and Recruitment Notice
EFFECTIVE DATE July 23, 2018 – LAST REVIEWED AND UPDATED July 23, 2018
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. The Website may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What We Collect Voluntarily
We may collect the following information:
- Organization and profession
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Personal data contained within a resume submitted through our career portal (including names, contact details, employment and education history), and, when applicable, Equal Employment Opportunity information that may be regarded as sensitive information (e.g., gender, ethnicity, disability status, veteran status)
We use web analytics programs (Oracle Eloqua, Google Analytics) to collect information. We will not collect any personally identifiable information about you through these programs.
What We Collect Automatically
Like many web site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Web Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Web Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor, and analyze this traffic to provide aggregate website traffic data.
Information We Obtain from Third Party Sources.
Recruitment: In some instances, Apixio engages with third party sources to obtain additional information about you. For example, Apixio collects contact information from professional network intelligence companies or industry event organizers. Information collected by professional network intelligence companies is publicly available and used by Apixio’s talent acquisition team to determine your interest in and fit for employment with Apixio.
Marketing: In some instances, Apixio engages with third party sources to obtain additional information about you. For example, Apixio collects business contact information from industry event organizers or business intelligence providers. Data gleaned from Apixio’s event organizing or tradeshow information collected by business intelligence providers is publicly available and used by Apixio marketing and sales teams to determine your company’s interest in Apixio’s products and services. You may opt out of these communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email correspondence.
How We Use the Information We Gather
Apixio marketing, sales and human resources teams require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
- If you applied for an Apixio career opportunity, to communicate with you for the purpose of providing you with information about Apixio career opportunities
- If you applied for an Apixio career opportunity, we may use data submitted for career opportunities to process applications for employment, assist with the interview experience and supplement the employment onboarding process
Apixio may also share or disclose personal information, including the content of your communications:
- To comply with the law or respond to legal process or lawful requests, including from law enforcement and government agencies.
- To protect the rights or property of Apixio or our customers, including to combat fraud or protect Apixio’s interests, or to enforce the terms governing your use of the services.
- To act on a good faith belief that access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Apixio employees, customers or the public.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which internal pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Safety of Minors
Our services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. “Minors” are individuals under the age of 16 (or under a higher age if permitted by the laws of their residence). Apixio does not knowingly collect personal data from Minors. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a Minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact Apixio at the email address listed below.
“Do Not Track”
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track Signals (“DNT”). Apixio does not track its customers over time and across third party website to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to DNT signals.
Opt Out. Apixio offers opt-out mechanisms for marketing communications. If you choose to opt out of marketing communications, you will be added to Apixio’s opt-out list as required by applicable law. Apixio will not send marketing communications to any e-mail address on the applicable opt-out list. If you wish to withdraw your consent from receiving marketing communication, you may opt out from receiving marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our communication with you.
Changes and Updates to This Policy:
We reserve the right to change the information, services, features and policies at any time. We will post changes to this and any other policies on this website in writing.
Accessing Your Personal Information, and How to Contact Apixio
For general Apixio privacy issues, or to submit feedback or ask Apixio questions about its privacy practices and this privacy statement, please contact Apixio by email at email@example.com or by postal mail at the address below:
1825 S Grant St., Suite #350
San Mateo, CA 94402