Explore Our Policies
Website & Recruitment Notice
LAST REVIEWED AND UPDATED: April 15, 2021
Information We Collect From You: Information You Disclose Voluntarily
We may collect the following information and may also use third party web analytics software to process and store this information.
- Contact information
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Personal Information contained within a resume submitted through our career portal (including names, contact details, employment and education history), and, when applicable, Equal Employment Opportunity information that may be regarded as sensitive information (e.g., gender, ethnicity, disability status, veteran status)
Information We Collect From You: Information We Collect Automatically
Like many web site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Web Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Web Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor, and analyze this traffic to provide aggregate Web Site traffic data.
Information We Obtain from Third Party Sources
Recruitment: In some instances, Apixio engages with third party sources to obtain additional information about you. For example, Apixio collects contact information from professional network intelligence companies or industry event organizers. Information collected by professional network intelligence companies is provided by you or is publicly available and used by Apixio’s talent acquisition team to determine your interest in and fit for employment with Apixio.
Marketing: In some instances, Apixio may work with third parties to obtain additional information about you. For example, Apixio may receive business contact information from industry event organizers or business intelligence providers. This data is voluntarily provided by you or publicly available and used by the Apixio marketing and sales team to determine your company’s interest in Apixio’s products and services. You may opt out of marketing communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any email correspondence from Apixio.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to tailor content ad campaigns to your interests and contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, SMS, or mail. We may use the information to customize the Web Site according to your interests
- We may share your information with third-party service providers as described in the next section below.
- If you applied for an Apixio career opportunity, we may (a) communicate with you for the purpose of providing you with information about Apixio career opportunities and (b) use data submitted to process applications for employment, assist with the interview experience and supplement the employment onboarding process
- Comply with the law or respond to legal process or lawful requests, including from law enforcement and government agencies
- To protect the rights or property of Apixio or our customers, including to combat fraud or protect Apixio’s interests, or to enforce the terms governing your use of the services
- To act on a good faith belief that access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Apixio employees, customers or the public
Sharing Your Information: Third-Party Service Providers
- Apixio may share the data we collect with third parties to facilitate our communication with you, provide analytics of this data or otherwise support our business operations. Service providers that are provided access to this data contractually agree to (a) appropriate security and privacy safeguards when accessing or storing the data we collect and (b) to use the data only for the specific purpose of performing the services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using the Web Site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which internal pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our Web Site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Web Site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Web Site.
Links to Other Websites
Our Web Site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection or privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. By using the Web Site, you agree that we will not be liable or responsible for any damage or loss caused by your use of, or reliance on, any such third-party website.
Safety of Minors
Our services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. “Minors” are individuals under the age of 16 (or under a higher age if permitted by the laws of their residence). Apixio does not knowingly collect personal data from Minors. If it comes to our attention that we have collected Personal Information from a Minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact Apixio at the email address listed below.
“Do Not Track”
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track Signals (“DNT”). Apixio does not track its customers over time and across third party website to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to DNT signals.
Opt Out Apixio offers opt-out mechanisms for marketing communications. If you choose to opt out of marketing communications, you will be added to Apixio’s opt-out list as required by applicable law. Apixio will not send marketing communications to any e-mail address on the applicable opt-out list. If you wish to withdraw your consent from receiving marketing communication, you may opt out from receiving marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our communication with you.
Accessing Your Personal Information, and How to Contact Apixio
For general Apixio privacy issues, or to submit feedback or ask Apixio questions about its privacy practices and this privacy statement, please contact Apixio by email at email@example.com or by postal mail at the address below:
1850 Gateway Dr. Suite #300
San Mateo, CA 94404
California law requires that we provide you this notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully.
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 1, 2020
This notice (“Notice”) describes the categories of personal information that Apixio, Inc. (“Company”, “we”, “us” and “our”) collects about California residents who apply or are recruited for a job with us [or one of our affiliates] (“candidates”), and the purposes for which we use that information.
For purposes of this Notice, “personal information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) but excludes information exempted from the CCPA’s scope.
This Notice does not create or form part of any contract for employment or otherwise.
If you have questions about this Notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Information we collect about candidates
2.1 Categories of personal information
The categories of personal information we may collect and process during the application and recruitment process include:
- Contact information such as home address, telephone number, and email address;
- Information from job application materials or recruiters such as your job application, resume or CV, cover letter, writing samples, references, work history, education transcripts, whether you are subject to prior employer obligations, and information that referrers provide about you;
- Professional qualifications such as licenses, permits, memberships, and certifications;
- Information from the application process such as any phone-screens, interviews, evaluations and outcomes of recruiting exercises;
- Immigration status and other information that would allow us to verify your employment eligibility;
- Biographical information such as name, gender, date of birth, professional history, references, language proficiencies, education details, and information you make publicly available through job search or career networking sites;
- Job preferences such as desired position and compensation, location preferences and willingness to relocate;
- Employment history;
- Background check information such as information necessary to complete background, credit, drug/alcohol and/or other checks when permitted by law, and information received during these checks;
- Information needed to understand and assess accommodation requests regarding potential disabilities or other health conditions; and
- Other information you provide to us.
Providing personal information to us is voluntary. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, we may be unable to consider your application or, if you are hired, your subsequent promotion, transfer or relocation.
In certain cases we may ask you for additional information for purposes of complying with applicable laws. We may also inquire about criminal records. We will do so only where permitted by applicable law.
2.2 Sources of personal information
We collect personal information from you when you apply for a job and throughout the job application or recruitment process. We may also collect your personal information from other sources and combine it with the personal information you provide us. For example, we may collect your personal information from:
- Job board websites you may use to apply for a job with us;
- Prior employers that provide us with employment references;
- Professional references that you authorize us to contact;
- Pre-employment screening services such as background check providers (where permitted by law);
- Employment agencies and recruiters;
- Your educational institutions;
- Your LinkedIn profile or other publicly-available sources;
- Other Company personnel.
3. How we use personal information about candidates
3.1 Purposes for which we use personal information
We may use the categories of personal information above for the following purposes:
- Recruitment management. Managing recruitment generally, such as:
- operating the careers website we maintain at https://www.apixio.com/careers/ or any other site to which this Notice is posted (“Careers Site”);
- recruiting, interviewing and evaluating job candidates;
- conducting background checks and other pre-employment screening (where permitted by law);
- analyzing and improving our application and recruitment processes;
- accommodating disabilities or health conditions;
- communicating with you regarding your candidacy, opportunities with the Company or about the Careers Site and any changes to applicable terms or policies; and
- other business operations.
- Compliance, safety and fraud prevention, such as:
- complying with or monitoring compliance with legal and other requirements, such as reporting and equal opportunities monitoring requirements, where applicable;
- complying with internal policies and procedures;
- complying with lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protecting our, your or others’ rights, safety and property;
- investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, or conduct in violation of our policies or procedures; and
- sharing information with government authorities, law enforcement, courts, or private parties where we have a good-faith belief it is necessary for the foregoing purposes.
- Analytics. Creating anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data that we use and share to analyze our application and recruitment activities, business, and for other lawful business purposes.
3.2 Sharing personal information
We may share your personal information with other parties as necessary for the purposes described above. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- Affiliates. Our corporate parent, subsidiaries, and other affiliates under the control of our corporate parent, for purposes consistent with this Notice or to operate shared infrastructure, systems and technology.
- Company service providers. Companies that provide us with services that help us manage the recruiting process and operate our business, such as job boards, recruiters, interviewing and testing, pre-employment screening, interview travel booking and expense reimbursement (where applicable), relocation (where applicable), and recruitment analytics.
- Government authorities, law enforcement and others. Government authorities, law enforcement, courts, and others as described in the compliance, safety and fraud prevention section above.
- Business transfers. Parties to transactions and potential transactions whereby we sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
- Professional advisors. Lawyers, immigration advisors, and other outside professional advisors.
- Customers and business partners. Customers, other companies and individuals with whom the Company does business or is exploring a business relationship.
4. Other information about this Notice
4.1 Third parties
This Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for the practices of any third parties, which have their own rules for how they collect and use your personal information. Our links to third-party websites or services are not endorsements.
4.2 Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to change this Notice at any time. The “Effective Date” heading at the top of this Notice indicates when it was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised notice on our Careers Site.
The Careers Site is not intended for minors under the age of 18.
5. Your obligations
Among other obligations, including without limitation the obligation to provide complete and accurate information in recruiting documents and processes, it is your responsibility to ensure that information you submit does not violate any third party’s rights.
You should keep your personal information on file with the Company up to date and inform us of any significant changes to it.