As a Software Engineer (Big Data) on our Advanced Development team, you will implement algorithms and tools for analyzing large amounts of structured and unstructured clinical data using Hadoop and Pig, for applications in healthcare analytics.
- Implement algorithms and tools on top of Hadoop for analytics purposes.
- Identify and solve technical problems with a data-driven approach.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant technology.
- Deliver production-quality software.
Qualifications and Education
- Fluent in Java and SQL (experience with MySQL preferred)
- Experience writing Map-Reduce programs on top of Hadoop in Java and/or Pig
- Experience writing UDFs for Pig preferred
- Ability to work on a team with other engineers, scientists and medical professionals
- Independent problem solver
Join The Apixio Team
- Be a vital part in Apixio's mission to deliver actionable insights from textual, scanned and coded data for optimal risk assessment, population management and revenue.
- Our start up culture and creative environment enables development, learning and growth.
- Positively impact the world of healthcare by transforming how doctors, physicians and hospitals access, share and analyze medical records, data and information.
- Office is less than one mile from Cal Train station, with quick accessibility to 280 and 101.
- Competitive salaries with comprehensive benefits
- Vision, dental, and health insurance
- A well-stocked kitchen
- Wine Down Fridays! Enjoy delicious snacks and drinks with the team
- Birthday celebrations, holiday parties, baby showers, and company outings
Return to Careers