As a Research Scientist (NLP & ML) in our Advanced Development group, you will define and build novel techniques to infer medical knowledge from clinical documentation, and apply this knowledge to healthcare analytics in a Big Data environment.
- Propose and carry out research projects
- Create new algorithms and techniques to analyze medical corpora
- Identify and solve technical problems with a data-driven approach
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant algorithm literature
- Communicate solutions to engineering team
Qualifications & Requirements
- Desire to roll up your sleeves and work with data to produce meaningful results.
- Experience working with large datasets in two or more of the following: text mining, search algorithms, machine learning, information retrieval and information extraction.
- Strong programming skills in Hadoop Map-Reduce, Pig/Hive and Java.
- Practical experience with SQL and other data transformation technologies.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with medical terminology and clinical information retrieval preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on a team with other scientists, engineers and medical professionals.
- Ability to transform research results into applications that support business strategy.
Join The Apixio Team
- Be a vital part in Apixio's mission to deliver actionable insights from textual, scanned and coded data for optimal risk assessment, population management and revenue.
- Our start up culture and creative environment enables development, learning and growth.
- Positively impact the world of healthcare by transforming how doctors, physicians and hospitals access, share and analyze medical records, data and information.
- Office is less than one mile from CalTrain station, with quick accessibility to Hwy 280 and Hwy 101.
- Work in a lively, open office environment.
- Earn a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits.
- Vision, dental, and health insurance
- A well-stocked kitchen
- Wine Down Fridays! Enjoy delicious snacks and drinks with the team
- Birthday celebrations, holiday parties, baby showers, and company outings
Return to Careers