Perform security assessments, deploy and manage of big data & web servers in a cloud environment. Write maintainable code to automate the cloud server life cycle (spin up to retire). Remotely manage and patch software issues. Demonstrate expertise and technical knowledge gained from prior experience to resolve issues surrounding networking, security, hardware, software, and applications. Work with support and development staff to resolve problems and issues with products. Perform analysis of problems and assist with corrective action to restore functionality and avoid recurrence. Write and submit problem resolutions to the knowledge base administrator for input. Record all incidents in problem tracking system, interface with appropriate technical personnel for customer problems that cannot be resolved quickly on the phone.
Qualifications and Education
- Experience operating and managing big data clusters including Hadoop and Cassandra.
- Experience running and writing tools to automate the cloud server life cycle.
- Ability to work on a varied time schedule.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science preferred.
- TCP/IP Networking, TCP/IP Security, HIPAA Compliance, Linux guest and host servers, MS office knowledge required.
- 3 - 5 year experience in IT operations and systems installation required.
- Reliability and security focus required.
Join The Apixio Team
- Be a vital part in Apixio's mission to deliver actionable insights from textual, scanned and coded data for optimal risk assessment, population management and revenue.
- Our start up culture and creative environment enables development, learning and growth.
- Positively impact the world of healthcare by transforming how doctors, physicians and hospitals access, share and analyze medical records, data and information.
- Office is less than one mile from CalTrain station, with quick accessibility to Hwy 280 and Hwy 101.
- Work in a lively, open office environment.
- Earn a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits.
- Vision, dental, and health insurance
- A well-stocked kitchen
- Free lunches four days a week
- Social Fridays! Enjoy delicious snacks and drinks with the team
- Birthday celebrations, holiday parties, baby showers, and company outings
Return to Careers