DevOps Systems Engineer
Perform security assessments, deploy and manage of big data & web servers in a cloud environment. Write maintainable code to automate the cloud server life cycle (spin up to retire). Remotely manage and patch software issues. Demonstrate expertise and technical knowledge gained from prior experience to resolve issues surrounding networking, security, hardware, software, and applications. Work with support and development staff to resolve problems and issues with products. Perform analysis of problems and assist with corrective action to restore functionality and avoid recurrence. Write and submit problem resolutions to the knowledge base administrator for input. Record all incidents in problem tracking system, interface with appropriate technical personnel for customer problems that cannot be resolved quickly on the phone.
- Experience operating and managing big data clusters including Hadoop and Cassandra.
- Experience running and writing tools to automate the cloud server life cycle.
- Ability to work on a varied time schedule.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science preferred.
- TCP/IP Networking, TCP/IP Security, HIPAA Compliance, Linux guest and host servers, MS office knowledge required.
- 3-5 year experience in IT operations and systems installation required.
- Reliability and security focus required.